Doxology’s “Take Heart!” respite retreats provide rest and renewal for all dedicated teachers and commissioned ministers who have served faithfully throughout and beyond COVID challenges. The goal of the “Take Heart!” retreats is to serve the servants and have them return to their schools and parishes refreshed for the work God has given them to do.
Five retreat opportunities are coming up this fall. The retreats are fully funded by the LCMS Office of National Mission; there is no cost for participants to attend! Additionally, the Mid-South District will offer a travel stipend of $250 per rostered registrant who wishes to attend (simply forward a copy of the completed registration to Angela Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org).
A respite retreat features:
- Worship where participants can gratefully receive the Word.
- Mutual conversation and interaction of the participants.
- Exploration of spiritual care resources.
- Christian psychological tools/strategies for resilience and application in home, school and parish settings.
- Table talk among participants to allow for important sharing, debriefing, and problem-solving.
PLEASE NOTE: Respite retreat registration is available only for those teachers and commissioned ministers who are actively serving an LCMS church, school, or institution.
For further details on “Take Heart!” respite retreats and to register for an event, please visit https://www.doxology.us/take-heart-renewed-to-be-a-blessing/.