Recommendations from President Emeritus Rev. Norman Groteluschen
Upon learning that the October issue of the Encourager would focus on Lutheran traditions and heritage, Mid-South District President Emeritus, Rev. Norman Groteluschen immediately began gathering resources on the topic. In consideration of the upcoming Reformation Day (and the 500th anniversary in 2017), he shares the following recommendations for those seeking to know more about this pivotal event in history and its catalyst, Martin Luther:
• Lutherans Engage the World, September-October 2015 issue: the article “The 500th Anniversary of the Reformation is Near!” on page 20. Access the issue online at http://blogs.lcms.org/2015/lutherans-engage-the-world-september-october-2015.
• On the Lutheran Hour Ministries website, Part 1 of the video series A Man Named Martin. Preview and order the video online at http://www.lhm.org/luther/.
• Also available from Lutheran Hour Ministries, the booklet “A Treasure Revealed: Martin Luther and the Events of the Reformation.” An excellent resource for congregations to have on hand, you can view the booklet or order copies online at http://www.lhm.org/booklets/internetorder.asp?promo=PTLH&prod=6BE161.
• The Wittenberg Project is a current undertaking focusing on a site in the East German village of Wittenberg, where the Reformation began. Learn more about the project and its three main emphases of education, Gospel outreach and presence by visiting www.thewittenbergproject.org.
• Journal of Lutheran Mission, September 2015 issue. Access the issue online at http://blogs.lcms.org/2015/journal-of-lutheran-mission-september2015.
The booklet (right) “A Treasure Revealed: Martin Luther and the Events of the Reformation” is highly recommended by President Emeritus, Rev. Norman Groteluschen for its clarity and conciseness. The booklet is available from Lutheran Hour Ministries.