Chapel of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Sharps Chapel has broken ground for their new church building. The building site is at 681 Sharps Chapel Road, less than two miles from Route 33. Lord willing, the church will be completed in about six to eight months.
The new building will include a sanctuary, a fellowship hall, and a pastor’s office. The congregation currently holds services each Sunday at 10:30 am in the Sharps Chapel Community Center. “We are a very active congregation which conducts numerous local service projects,” stated the Rev. Paul Kritsch, pastor of the church. “We have been working hard to get to this point of having our own building and are excited by what the Lord is doing. Our church motto is ‘Christ leads the way, stay close to Him.'”
The congregation’s current service project is the annual Baby Food Buffet. Over the past few years the church has gathered thousands of baby food items for distribution to local families through the Union County Food Pantry. Please call the church at 865-279-1279 if you would like to make a contribution.
The foundation of the Lutheran church is beginning to appear. Chris Rutherford of Foot By Foot Construction is the contractor.