Updated September 8, 2023
- What personally identifiable information is collected by Mid-South District or by any third party through our site
- How Mid-South District uses this information;
- With whom Mid-South District may share this information;
- What choices are available to you as a user of the site with respect to collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
Mid-South District is the sole owner of the information collected on its site and/or app. Mid-South District may collect information from you at two different stages. First, we collect anonymous, aggregate information from all visitors to the site. This information is never linked to any personally identifiable information and is only used to generate general statistical reports about the use of our site. Second, Mid-South District collects personally identifiable information when you create a Mid-South District account or utilize certain services. Online account creation may require you to submit the following personal information: name, address, company information, email address, and phone number. For purposes of billing for donations or other giving, you may need to provide your credit card type, number, expiration date and billing address for the credit card. When using other payment types, if available, other financial information may be required to include personal or business banking information. Certain personally identifiable information is required if you subscribe to a Mid-South District newsletter or sign up to participate in a promotion, event, survey or other gathering through the site. Mid-South District may also receive personally identifiable information from our partners. We strongly recommend that anyone under the age of 18 receive permission from their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal information to Mid-South District’s site or app. Mid-South District would request that nobody provides any personal information of another to its site or app without express permission to do so.
Your Disclosure to Third Parties
To the extent you include personal data in your submissions (such as your email address, phone number, images and/or video), third parties may be able to identify you, associate you with your user account, and contact you. Please do not include information in your submissions that you expect to keep private. Please also note that any personal messages you send or receive using any Mid-South District site or app messaging feature, if available, are only private to the extent that you and the sender keep them private. Mid-South District would have no control over whether a recipient of one of your personal messages publicly posts the contents of such a message. For all of the foregoing reasons, Mid-South District would again state that no personal information to include images or video of any other party should be provided without that party’s express consent.
Personal Information Not Collected From You
Mid-South District may have received your personal information to include images or video from other persons. Mid-South District may use your personal information to communicate with you. If you did not directly provide us with your personal information, please contact us using the contact information below if you would like your personal information removed.
Location based Information
To understand the location of its users Mid-South District may use, where available, GPS, IP addresses, Wi-Fi hotspot, cell tower, and other technologies to determine the location of the device used to access the site or app. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not allow for identification of any specific individual.
Use of Your Personal Information
Mid-South District’s goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a rewarding, educational, efficient and customized Christ-centered experience while using our site and app. Mid-South District will never give your information to include images and video to, sell, or share your information with any third party not affiliated with, owned by, or under the control of Mid-South District, except as permitted or required by law. There will be no marketing usage of your personal data. Mid-South District does not use Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Facebook Pixel or other similar products tied to your personal data. Mid-South District will send personally identifiable information about you to other parties when:
- We have your consent to share the information to include images and video;
- We need to share your information to include images and video to provide services or products you have requested;
- We need to send the information to include images and video to another party who works on behalf of Mid-South District to provide a product or service to you.
- In the event that Mid-South District should merge with or be acquired by another entity within the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, its site/app user’s personal information to include images and video may be part of that merger or acquisition.
Disclosure of Personal Information as Required by Law
Mid-South District will disclose personal information to include images and video when compelled or required to do so by law, or if a good faith belief exists that disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with judicial proceedings, a court order or other legal process, (b) protect and defend the rights of Mid-South District, or (c) protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
How is Your Data Stored
Website data, such as contact form information, would be stored on the web server (gotelink). Ither data and storage are done through a third-party service, such as constantcontact, vanco, etc.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Mid-South District will also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, identify any specific individual. This information may be collected, used, transferred, and/or disclosed for purposes including but not limited to:
- Information including but not limited to zip code, area code, unique device identifier, URL, location, and/or time zone to better understand our user’s regional location and usage to improve the quality and usefulness of our site and app.
- Information regarding the materials and area accessed on our site and app to help us better understand our user’s needs and desired materials to assist in the ongoing effort to provide the most useful and quality product for our users.
- Information regarding services and queries may be gathered to improve the relevancy of results provided by our site and app.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information that combined information will be treated as personal information as long as it is combined and the use of that combined information will be governed by the policies regarding personal information.
Information Regarding Children
Mid-South District takes very seriously the safety and security of children and to that end requires extra precautions be taken to protect the safety of children as it relates to the use of its site and app. Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to create their own accounts or provide any personal information to include images and video, unless their parent or legal guardian has provided verifiable consent. Similarly, no photographs, videos or other identifiable items which may reveal personal information regarding a child under the age of 18 shall be provided to or used on Mid-South District site or app without verifiable consent by each child’s parent or legal guardian. Such consent should be obtained at the time of the photograph, image, video or other identifying item and retained for review or verification at any time during the use of the image, which may reveal personal information. If it is learned that Mid-South District has been provided or otherwise collected any personal information of a child under the age of 18 steps will be taken to remove the information or image as soon as possible. If at any time a parent or legal guardian needs to access, correct, or delete any such data please contact Mid-South District using the contact information below.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and other means to create a profile of our site visitors. A profile is stored information detailing how individual visitors use the site. Collected information in a profile is tied to the user’s personally identifiable information to include images and video. However, your profile is used solely for internal purposes. Mid-South District does not share your profile with any third party.
Log files record internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service provider (ISP) referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track a user’s movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
It is the intention of Mid-South District to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information, to include images and video, of its users. Given the nature of the internet, however, there are no infallible security measures and the total security of your personal information cannot be guaranteed. When registering for access to a secure area of the site or app you may be asked to provide a username and password. Should that be required we would recommend not sharing that information to further secure your personal information.
Notification of Changes
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by periodically checking your information for accuracy. For other personal information to include images and video held by Mid-South District please contact us using the contact information below to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if it is not required by law to be retained.
If there are any California users of Mid-South District sites or app please be advised that the California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain information about the personal information about you that we collect, use and disclose. You can exercise your rights through an authorized agent by contacting us using the contact information below. If you choose to exercise your privacy rights under the laws of California you have the right not to receive any discriminatory treatment as a result.
If there are any Nevada users you have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. That said, Mid-South District does not sell any personal information obtained from its users. Any requests to exercise these rights can be directed to Mid-South District using the contact information below.
Data Protection Rights
Mid-South District would like to make sure each user is fully aware of their data protection rights. Every user has, if applicable:
- The right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to request that any information you believe to be inaccurate or mistaken be corrected. Similarly, you have the right to request completion of information you believe to be incomplete.
- The right to request that your personal data be erased under certain conditions.
- The right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to request the transfer of your personal data to yourself or to another organization under certain circumstances.
If you have any request regarding these matters Mid-South District has a month to respond. If you want to exercise any of these rights please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.