Director of Christian Education (DCE) is a synodically certified, called, and commissioned life-span educational leader prepared for team ministry in a congregational setting.
DCEs serve in a variety ways, not only in youth ministry, but also in family ministry, cross-cultural ministry, and outdoor ministry, to name a few. A DCE is:
- called minister of the Gospel
- trained parish-education specialist
- team minister who works with the pastor, staff, and lay leaders of the congregation
- teacher of the faith
- trainer of the laity for service
In order to meet the demands of the job, many skills are required of a DCE. Skills required:
- enjoyment in working for and with other people
- good organizational and administrative skills
- ability to recruit and involve others in ministry opportunities
- initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- willing spirit to serve the Lord, His Church, and others in mission and ministry
For more information or questions contact President Paavola at the district office (901) 373-1343, toll-free 866-373-1343 or email.
You must be logged in to post a comment.