“What does a healthy congregation look like?”
This is an important question because its answer defines the destination of our efforts, as a District, to assist ministries. A healthy ministry is both faithful and fruitful.
Faithful congregations are confessional ministries faithful to God’s Word. Faithfulness is a hallmark of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. It is the core that defines our ministries in the Mid-South District.
Fruitful ministries are equip their members to live as missionaries in their communities. They are ministries that make Christ’s mission, “to seek and save the lost.” (Luke 19:10) their top mission priority.
Are you and your congregation trying to answer some tough questions such as:
- How do we get more people in church?
- What do we do for follow-up on guests?
- Are there any books you’d recommend for further reading?
- How do we get a website?
- What are some ideas for outreach?
- Where do we find worship resources for contemporary worship?
- How do we get more people involved?
- We need more young people, what can we do?
- How do I equip our evangelism team?
- Do you have recommendations for Friendship Sunday material?
- How can a church get “unstuck?”
- What does the Bible have to say about the church’s mission?
It was probably a question that brought you to this page. It might have been the simple question, “What’s behind this menu?” It might be a more important or a more pressing question. Most journeys begin with a question. I hope that your questions continue to browse this site. More importantly, I hope this site provides you with answers that are helpful for your journey.
For more information or questions contact President Paavola at the district office (901) 373-1343, Toll-free 866-373-1343 or email.