“Funding the Ministry” is a service of the Mid-South District to assist congregations in developing a stewardship campaign over and above the regular Sunday morning offering. These additional funds will allow the congregation to increase its outreach in its community and beyond.
The typical campaign lasts approximately eight weeks and culminates with an event where members are asked to pledge an amount over a 2-3 year period which will be utilized for ministries outlined in the campaign case statement.
The District’s Development Officer and his staff will provide help in the following manner:
• Development of the case statement
• Position Descriptions for the volunteer leaders needed for the campaign
• Development of the promotional materials for the campaign
• Facilitate the Leadership Luncheon
• Assistance with the planning of the pledge event
• Attendance at the culmination pledge event
There is no fee for the service. However, the congregation agrees to tithe to the District from proceeds of the campaign. To date, campaigns conducted have raised between $120,000 and $300,000.
Contact Paul Reaves, Development Officer, to discuss how “Funding the Ministry” may meet your program funding needs (Cell: 901.497.3347 or email).