During the season of Lent, members of Chapel of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Sharps Chapel, collected disposable diapers in what they called a Diaper Derby. On Easter Sunday, the church prayed for the parents and children who will receive the diapers. A total of 726 diapers were taken to the Union County Food Pantry on Easter Monday.
“As Lutheran Christians, we believe in the sanctity of life,” stated Rev. Paul Kritsch, pastor of the congregation. “From conception on, each life is a gift of God to be nurtured and cared for. As a church, we want to do what we can to help families.” The church hopes to break its own record when it holds its next Diaper Derby.
This coming fall, the church will gather coats and warm clothing for distribution through the Union County Food Pantry. “We care about our neighbors,” Rev. Kritsch declared. “Christ’s love compels us. We are a young congregation, less than ten months old. Members have expressed their excitement over being able to put their personal stamp on a church which is just beginning to bud and flower.”
Chapel of the Good Shepherd is the only Lutheran church in Union County. It has been blessed with land on Sharps Chapel Road where the church building will be erected in the near future. The congregation currently worships on Sundays at 10:30 AM in the Community Center, 1542 Sharps Chapel Road. For more information, please phone the church at 865-279-1279, or visit their website at www.goodshepherdsharpschapel.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.