Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church was founded in 1876, the 100th anniversary of the USA. Salem is believed to be one of the first English Lutheran Churches in Arkansas with its early members migrating from East Tennessee and western North Carolina. Springdale was then a small village called Shiloh. A post office was established in 1872 and the name changed to Springdale. A small parochial school was begun and we have had a school ever since. From Salem (the mother church) several other churches in the area were begun – St. John’s Lutheran Church, Fayetteville, AR in 1944, Holy Trinity Lutheran, Rogers in 1962, and Siloam Lutheran Church, Siloam Springs in 1964 and in more recent years, Living Savior Lutheran, Lowell/Bethel Heights. A Hispanic ministry, Iglesia Luterana Cristo Para Todos, with Rev. Tardelli Voss and Rev. Mark Louderback, was begun in July of 2008. Now, under the leadership of Rev. Brandon Martin, Rev. Mark Krause and Vicar Mauricio Franco, Salem and Cristo Para Todos have truly become a multi-ethnic family of faith entitled Salem Lutheran Ministries.