2017 HEALTH PLAN RATES – GOOD NEWS!
Between cost effective measures at Concordia Plan Services and management of their claims by our members, our rate increase will be significantly below the national average. The cost of each option will increase less than 3.9% over your 2016 rates. Compared to the national average of 11-15%, this is great news for our ministries. Rates for your individual ministry will be included in your Pick Your Option Packet which will be mailed in early July. As an FYI, rates will not be available on our website this year.
2017 HEALTH PLAN OPTIONS:
What stays the same?
- All plan options offered in 2016 will continue to be offered in 2017.
With the exception of preventive prescription drugs on the Choice 1500 and Choice 2000 options, all copays (if any), deductibles, coinsurance maximums and out-of-pocket maximums will remain the same.
What changes – expanded options and new benefits: (all references assume in-network providers)
- Choice 1500 and 2000 – preventive prescription drugs will be payable at 80% without a deductible instead of being paid at 100%. This means the worker will pay 20% on preventive drugs up to a maximum of $50 (Choice 1500) and $75 (Choice 2000), for a 30-day supply. The 20% paid by the worker will apply to the deductible. Once the out-of-pocket maximum is reached, preventive prescription drugs will be paid at 100%.
- Choice 3000 – a new HDHP option for all ministries. This plan option will be administered by BCBS.
- $3,000 single/$6,000 family deductible (80%/20% until an out-of-pocket maximum of $5,000 single/$10,000 family is reached)
- Embedded deductible, similar to Option HDHP
- Preventive prescription drugs are paid at 80% until the out-of-pocket maximum is reached, then at 100%
- This option is priced below all of the other current high deductible options – 6% below Choice 2000.
- Enhanced benefits for Choice 1500, 2000 and 3000 options:
- Chronic Condition Management – 100% coverage for certain evidence based procedures with a diagnosis of diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- Omada Health’s online program, called Prevent, will help members who are at risk for developing diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- More details to follow in the Pick Your Own Option Packet.
PATH TO TOTAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT:
Our 2017 health plan offerings reflect the path to total health management and focus on healthcare consumerism. Health management is all about being good stewards. We have to Be Well. . . so we can Serve Well. In doing so, we can all achieve better health outcomes and drive down health care costs. Please click the link to watch a message from our President, Jim Sanft, on how we all are responsible for our health care costs.
PICK YOUR OPTION PACKETS for 2017 to be mailed in early July.
- 2017 rate information
- Employer Guide to the CHP
- Plan Option Insert for Choice 3000
- Health plan option election forms
- Early July – Employer election packets mailed
- June and July – educational webinar series. See section below for more details.
- 9/2/16 – Employer health plan option election due
- Week of 9/12/16 – Worker open enrollment packets mailed to Employers
- 9/9/16-10/14/16 – Worker open enrollment period
- Week of 9/26/16 – Individual choice packets to mail
- 10/3/16-10/28/16 – Individual open enrollment period
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR 2017 CHP OPTIONS:
- Visit our website, ConcordiaPlans.org, after June 27, 2016 for documents, forms and tools
- Attend an online webinar ** which reviews 2017 Employer Elections and the new Choice 3000 Option: